Green how I love thee, let me count the ways....
Well apart from being my favourite colour, which my children love to tell anyone we meet, it is our plans to make less of an environmental impact with our new 'old' house.
* so firstly we are 'recycling' a heritage style home
* we are using many secondhand items to fit out our kitchen and bathroom
* I am taking my op-shopping/flea market/ebaying up a notch to seek out all the furniture pieces we would like for our home (good on the hip-pocket too)
* solar hot water and panels for our power
* large water tanks (25000lt) to help subsidise our water use
* low-VOC or VOC free paint for the interior
* little things like using vintage glass jars for everyday storage
* large fruit orchard and vegetable gardens to help us be a little more self-sufficien
* we are also installing a bio-cycle septic system which filters the water and it can be reused on the garden - (not on edible gardens though). We will use this to keep our grass and bush corridors nice and green. http://www.biocyclejowagroup.com.au/
That is all I can think of now. Any suggestions for other ways to make this a low cost project environmentally are readily accepted, throw them our way!!