So most councils are happy for you to have a functioning kitchen and bathroom, and then move in to complete the work on the property. Which is what the house removal copany told us. However we were contacted by the council and this particular region does NOT work this way. So everything has to be completed before we can move.
So here is our current list:
- Septic tank
- Electricity, mains water, and communications trenches
- Kitchen benches and plumbing
- Walls installed, front of house, mater bedroom and sunroom
- Bathroom tiled, and plumbed in
- Laundry plumbed in
- Solar hot water
- re-wiring, safety switch, smoke alarms
- full internal painting
- deck repiared, battons(sp) and stairs on
- floors sanded and polished
- Safety glass for double hung windows
- Insulation under floor and in ceiling
- solar panels
- water tank connected
- external painting
- roof painted
Well orginially we thought the house would arrive this week, maybe within the next 5 weeks i think would be the revised dates.
We are lucky to have a little house as we were going to sell it last year and then we would be quite homeless! Plus it is walking distance to kindy so it will be ncie to be able to do that a few days a week.
Ok yep I am desperatly trying to find a good side whilst we just long to be in our beautiful house.............
(oh and I turned the hosue upside down and found my camera charger)